The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, May 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Rules of Order.
- Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meeting:
March 18, 2013 Regular Meeting. (Tabled from 4/15/2013 Council Meeting)
April 15, 2013 Regular Meeting.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Committee Reports.
- Citizens’ Comments.
- Presentation of Awards.
Jason Ingalls for Five years of service with the City of Ellsworth.
Colleen LeClair for Five years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Council Order #061216, Request of the City Manager to accept the Urban Compact Agreement. (Tabled from the June 18, 2012, July 16, 2012, and August 20, 2012 Council Meetings)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
- Council Order #051300, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
- Council Order #051301, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to release Bennet & Danielle Gray’s property (Map 031 Lot 053-014-000) through a Quit-Claim Deed. *
- Council Order #051302, Request of the Assessor to approve a Property Tax Abatement for Christopher Murphy, Map 31, Lot 53-2 (Account #M3116R) located at 32 Travis Court. *
- Public hearing and action on the applications for issuance for the following licenses:
Ellsworth Moose Lodge #2698, 47 Foster Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (victualer, liquor and arcade) and renewal of a State Class A Lounge (Class X) Liquor License.
Martin & Ware Inc d/b/a Central Maine Pyrotechnics Pyro City Maine d/b/a Pyro City Maine Fireworks Store, 328 Bucksport Road, for a renewal of a City Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales License.
Shinbashi Inc. d/b/a Shinbashi Restaurant, 139 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (victualer and liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License.
Christopher Feldkamp d/b/a The Falls Take Out, 406 State Street, renewal of a City Class C License (victualer and liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
The Mex Inc. d/b/a The Mex, 191 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (victualer and liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV), Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License.
Joseph A. Lusardi d/b/a Maine Organic Therapy, 9 Carriage Road, for renewal of a Medical Marijuana Dispensary License including a City Victualer License.
Phanthavong, Inc. d/b/a Thai Sa-Na, 321 High Street, for a new City Class C License (victualer and liquor) and a new State Restaurant License (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
Judy Giroux d/b/a Downeast Billiards, 248 State Street Suite 4, for a new City Class A License (food, liquor, arcade (pool tables), and amusement) and a new State Restaurant/Lounge Class XI Malt, Spirituous, Vinous Liquor License.
- Council Order #051303, Request to appoint Melissa Rockwood to the Ellsworth RSU Board, to fill the vacancy of Michelle Dewitt’s term until the next regular municipal election in November 2013.
- Council Order #051304, Request of the Grasshopper Shop for permission to hold their monthly Saturday Sidewalk Sales along Franklin Street (including blocking off the three parking spaces adjacent to The Grasshopper Shop on Franklin Street) from June through October. (Sponsored by Chairman Fortier)
- Council Order #051305, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to authorize the City Manager to execute, on behalf of the City, an agreement with Ellsworth Demo Disposal, Inc. for the acceptance of demolition debris and wood waste. This agreement will be in effect from July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2016.
- Public hearing and action on amendments to Section 4.1.0 Materials Disposal Restrictions within the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 42, Solid Waste Management Ordinance.
- Council Order #051306, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to award the bid for the Supply of Roll-off Rental Containers and Transportation of Municipal Solid Waste bid.
- Council Order #051307, Discussion and action on the new location for the basketball courts.
- Council Order #051308, Request of the City Manager to award the bid for asbestos removal at the old Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Council Order #051309, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to extend the current sludge composting contract.
- Council Order #051310, Request of the Economic Development Director to accept the concept of the Ellsworth Business Development Corporation bylaws and the board membership.
- Council Order #051311, Discussion and action on the creation of host sites near the new Branch Lake Boat Launch.
- Council Order #051312, Request of the City Manager for approval to replace traffic loops with cameras at two intersections within Ellsworth.