The City of Ellsworth is the center for regional training and educational opportunities.
- Hancock County Technical Center
- Ellsworth Adult Education
- Hancock Higher Education Center (University of Maine)
- Eastern Maine Development Career Center
- New state of the art K-8 School (opened September 2010)
- Ellsworth High School
- Ellsworth Public Library
Ellsworth boasts a variety of compassionate, clinically excellent healthcare opportunities through both private and public health facilities.
- Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is a premier regional hospital providing high quality health care to Hancock and Washington Counties. Services include primary care, a state of the art emergency and surgical facility and specialized services to meet the medical needs of the region.
- In addition, Ellsworth offers medical assistance through the Eastern Maine Health Care Dialysis Center, Mary Dow Cancer Care Center and a variety of private health facilities offering the latest in technology and a highly skilled staff.
Ellsworth offers many quality, affordable and accessible childcare facilities.
- 25 childcare facilities
- 100 in home child care providers
- Resource Development Centers
Wide variety of housing opportunities for all levels of income.
- Ellsworth Housing Authority
- Senior Citizen Housing
- Condominiums, Waterfront, Private subdivisions
- Complete inventory of available real estate
Strategically located on the coast of Maine, at the confluence of three major highways, the City of Ellsworth is the center of commerce for Downeast Maine.
- Ellsworth is the gateway to Mount Desert Island, home of Acadia National Park.
- Located 25 miles from Interstate-95, 30 miles from the Bangor International Airport, and 5 miles from the Hancock County/Bar Harbor Airport. Both are commercial service airports.
- The nearby ports of Eastport and Searsport also provide deep water cargo access.
- Bus access: Downeast Transportation, The Islander Explorer, and West Transportation
- Taxi and Limo Services