The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, June 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meetings:
- May 21, 2012 Regular Meeting.
- May 29, 2012 Special Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Michele Gagnon, for ten years of service with the Ellsworth Planning Department.
- Patricia Marshall, for fifteen years with the Ellsworth Police Dispatch Department.
- Charlene Clemons, for twenty years with the Ellsworth Library.
- Allan Saunders, for thirty years with the Public Works Department.
- Allan Saunders, for forty years with the Ellsworth Fire Department/Senator Hale Hose Co.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #061201, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the real estate and personal property tax due dates at September 13, 2012 and March 14, 2013. *
10. Council Order #061202, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for an Order of the Municipal Officers on the application of real estate and personal property tax payments. This order will allow for the Tax Collector and Treasurer to apply tax payments against the oldest unpaid tax bills. *
11. Council Order #061203, Request of the City Clerk for acceptance of the June 12, 2012 Municipal Referendum Election results. *
12. Public hearing and action on the application for new or renewals for the following license (s):
- Douglas J. Kiehm and Racheal E. Wallace d/b/a Homestead Motel and Cottages, 143 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Joseph A. Lusardi d/b/a Maine Organic Therapy, 9 Carriage Road, for renewal of a Medical Marijuana Dispensary License including a City Victualer License.
- Cary S. and Richard J. Hanson d/b/a Cleonice Mediterranean Bistro, 112 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (victualer and liquor) and renewal of a State Class I, II, III, IV, Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Restaurant Liquor License.
- Charles B. & Ariela L. Zucker d/b/a Twilite Motel, 147 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Ellsworth Elks Lodge #2743, 317 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol and Special Amusement) and renewal of a State Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Club-On Premise Catering Liquor License.
13. Council Order #061204, Request of the Knowlton Park Committee to accept the bid for fundraising consulting services.
14. Public hearing and action on the request of the General Assistance Administrator to amend Article VI, Section 6.8 (B) and Appendix A of the Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 36, General Assistance Ordinance.
15. Council Order #061205, Request of the Maintenance Supervisor to award a bid for the replacement of two rubber roofs on the Ellsworth City Hall.
16. Public hearing and action on Council Order #061206, Request of the Economic Development Director for approval on applying to become certified under the State of Maine’s Business Friendly Community Program.
17. Presentation and information on the Economic Development Director and Public Works Director positions.
18. Council Order #061207, Appointment of City Officials by the City Council.
19. Council Order #061208, Approval of City Manager’s appointments.
20. Public hearing and action on Council Order #061209, Request of the Finance Director / Treasurer to authorize and award a Tax Anticipation Note (TAN) in an amount not to exceed $1,200,000.
21. Council Order #061210, Request of the Finance Director for approval to adjust the FY 2012 estimated appropriations and revenues.
22. Council Order #061211, Request of the Finance Director for approval to encumber certain appropriation accounts.
23. Public hearing and action on Budget Resolutions for FY 2013.
24. Public hearing and action on the intent of the Ellsworth City Council to increase the property tax limit for FY 2013.
25. Council Order #061212, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the interest rate on overdue taxes.
26. Council Order #061213, Request of the Finance Director to extend banking services with The First until June 30, 2013.
27. Public hearing and action on the request of the Code Enforcement Officer to repeal City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter2: Building Code and to replace it with the MUBEC (Maine Uniform Building & Energy Code) with an effective date of July 1, 2012.
28. Public hearing and action on proposed amendments to the Ellsworth Code of Ordinances: Chapter 19 Land Use Ordinance (repeal), Chapter 28 Subdivision Ordinance; and Chapter 56 Unified Development Ordinance.
29. Council Order #061214, Request of the City Clerk to approve a Policy for exempting fees under Section 506, Exemption of Fees Code of Ordinances Chapter 14, Licenses and Permits.
30. Council Order #061215, Request of the City Clerk to approve a Policy for Amending and Replacing City Ordinances.
31. Council Order #061216, Request of the City Manager to accept the Urban Compact Agreement.
32. Council Order #061217, Appointment of representatives to a withdrawal committee for the purpose of drafting an agreement for withdrawal from RSU #24.
33. Council Order #061218, Request of the City Manager to retrofit the street lights on Main Street and within the Franklin Street parking lot with LED lamps and to sole source the project to King Electric.
34. Executive Session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.